Request for Construction Proposals
The Town of Mancos is seeking competitive proposals from qualified, reliable contractors to provide design and constructions services for renovating a 1,500 square foot office building. Mandatory Pre-bid Conference on February 3, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. Proposals Due by 3:00 p.m. on February 16, 2022.
Mancos Economic Development Coordinator
The Town of Mancos is seeking a full time employee to serve as Economic Development Coordinator. The ED Coordinator will report directly to the Town Administrator. The Town of Mancos offers an extremely competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and retirement. This is an exempt, full-time position.
This position will coordinate economic development initiatives for the Town of Mancos. Business development, real estate, marketing and computer skills are preferred. Candidates should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of three years in economic development or a related field. Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills are essential. Plans and executes economic development initiatives, consistent with the goals and objectives of the Town of Mancos. Individual must be a self-starter, well-organized and work well under pressure.
Interested individuals should submit an employment application, resume and references to Heather Alvarez, Town Administrator via email at email@example.com. Position is open until filled.
The Economic Development Coordinator will be the internal and external point person to plan, implement, organize, and coordinate Mancos initiatives related to economic development, including, but not limited to the following:
- Serve as key point person for business recruitment and retention efforts
- Implement, where appropriate, the recommendations relating to community and economic development in the Downtown Colorado Inc. Study, 2011 Comprehensive Plan, Mancos Economic Development Strategy, and other plans that arise from community strategic planning efforts (e.g. Grand Ave Vision Study, Hwy 160 Corridor Improvements)
- Research and provide a packet of incentives (state, federal, local and non-monetary) for business recruitment and retention.
- Work with town staff to streamline paperwork for new businesses into one packet.
- Plans and executes marketing, public relations and other activities
- Conduct market research on a regular basis and provide reports to the Town Administrator and the Board of Trustees on trends in various sectors
- Establish relationships with MCEDA (Montezuma Community Economic Development Association), Region 9, Colorado Department of Local Affairs, Mancos Chamber of Commerce, Small Business Development Center, and others.
- Participate in strategic planning efforts related to economic development.
- Create and maintain a Mancos Business Ready packet of information for potential businesses.
- Create and maintain a web presence, brochures and other materials necessary for promoting Mancos as a Business Ready location.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with town staff, Region 9 economic development specialist, and current business owners
- Create and maintain a list of buildings and properties for lease or sale
- Develop an understanding of available resources for businesses (e.g. through SBDC, Region 9, etc) and communicate this information in a clear manner
- Make regular, personal calls and/or visits to current and prospective businesses
- Coordinate programs to encourage patrons in existing businesses (e.g. Mancos Cash, Cash Mobs, Coupon book, Mancos Melt, etc.)
- Work with community partners on needed items for Community Events as they arise. Cultivate community partner relationships.
- Gather information on potential businesses, and attract high quality businesses to the community;
- Provide regular progress reports to the Town Administrator and Board of Trustees on accomplishments
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong people skills. A team player with a proven ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Strong communication skills. Demonstrated in written and verbal reports, presentations, and meeting facilitation.
- Responsiveness. Ability to anticipate needs and commit to respond in agreed time frames.
- Innovator. Proven ability to identify, evaluate and develop new ideas and support with results.
- Deliver on commitments. Ability to set clear objectives and deliverable goals.
- Experience in economic development preferred;
- Knowledge of the principles and best practices of business recruitment and retention;
- Excellent customer service and client management abilities;
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, presentation and speaking;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers;
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in-person and by phone with high level of professionalism;
- Ability to accomplish projects with minimal supervision;
- Outstanding customer service ethic and high expectations for quality;
- Personable, organized, diligent and professional;
- Computer proficiency.
The Town of Mancos is seeking a Municipal Court Judge
Qualifications are as follows:
- Licensed Attorney admitted to practice law in the State of Colorado
- Ability to hold Court on the second Monday of each month at 5:00 p.m.
- Available now and then to coordinate with the Marshal’s Office
- Court Room Experience Preferred
- Knowledge of Infractions & Basic Trial Procedures
- Prior Experience With Municipal Code Court Enforcement Preferred
Mancos Municipal Court hears alleged violations of the Mancos Municipal Code. Court is currently held the second Monday of every month. The Town of Mancos Board of Trustees appoint the Municipal Judge.
Current Contract Compensation: “The Town shall pay the Judge the sum of two hundred fifty dollars per month for the services of Municipal Judge, regardless of the number of court sessions conducted. However, it is the expectation of the parties that court will be conducted once per month. Payment of the compensation provided for herein shall be made to the Judge at least once per month.”
Submit a letter of interest and resume on or before February 9, 2022 to Town Administrator Heather Alvarez at Mancos Town Hall 117 N. Main Street, Mancos, CO 81328 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
If submitting via US Postal Service please verify delivery on or before February 9, 2022.
Town of Mancos
Attn: Municipal Court Judge
PO Box 487
Mancos, CO 81328