We welcome your business to the Town of Mancos. To assist you in business planning, we offer the following information, resources and help. Click here to download the Mancos “Doing Business” brochure.
Steps to starting a business:
- Secure a commercial space with a realtor or private owner – click here for additional Development Services information
- Secure a Colorado Sales Tax License, if required – click here
- Secure a Building Permit, if required – click here
- Secure a Town Business License – click here
- Secure a Sign Permit – click here
Depending on your business type and location, additional information may be required, including but not limited to, Mancos Design Review Board, Mancos Planning Commission, State Liquor License, State Marijuana License.
The Town of Mancos is a working town with schools, local government infrastructure, community events, and a thriving economy.
Why locate here
- Excellent Quality of Life: Safe, small town offers peace and quiet and great small schools
- Tourism: Over 900,000 tourists and travelers to the area for Mesa Verde National Park, and other surrounding hot spots like Telluride, Durango and the San Juan River.
- Outdoor Recreation Opportunities including hiking, biking, fishing, horseback riding and much more all right outside your door.
- Small Businesses: We love entrepreneurs, start-ups and ideas that become reality. Create here.
- Affordable housing: Prices are much lower in the Mancos Valley than in other areas of the Southwest.