Temporary Lift of Burn Ban Within Town Limits
by Heather Alvarez | January 13, 2022 8:30 am
The Board of Trustees approved Resolution 5 Series 2022 during their January 12, 2022 regular meeting.
The burning of yard waste is allowed within Town of Mancos limits to and through March 31, 2022 subject to the following conditions:
- Prior to beginning the burn, citizens must call a controlled burn into Cortez Dispatch at (970) 565-8441.
- Fire must be actively monitored and attended at all times by a person during their use until the fire and all embers and coals from it are entirely extinguished.
- The ban on open fires within Town of Mancos limits will be reinstituted immediately if a Red Flag Warning is issued or if a Montezuma County fire ban is instituted.
- The ban on open fires within the Town of Mancos limits will resume on April 1, 2022 unless further authorized by the Board of Trustees.
- Violation of this resolution is subject to all penalties set forth in Mancos Municipal Code Section 7-9-50(e).
Source URL: https://www.mancoscolorado.com/temporary-lift-of-burn-ban-within-town-limits/
Copyright ©2022 Town of Mancos, Colorado unless otherwise noted.