The Town of Mancos is accepting applications from residents interested in service on the Planning Commission to fill vacancy term from January 18, 2022 to April 2023. Applications will be accepted until February 23, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
The Planning Commission consists of three members and two alternates appointed by the Town Board and serve at the Board’s pleasure. To be eligible to apply, applicant must be 18 years of age and reside within Town of Mancos limits.
The Planning Commission shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) To recommend the boundaries of the various zoning districts and appropriate regulations to be enforced therein, under this Code or the laws of the State, to the Board of Trustees and to recommend approval or denial of zoning changes and regulations under this Code.
(2) To hear, recommend or determine any matter relating to zoning, planning or subdivision control as it may be specified or required under this Code or applicable laws of the State.
(3) To make and adopt a Comprehensive Plan for the physical development of the Town, including any areas outside its boundaries, subject to the approval of the Board of Trustees, which in the Planning Commission’s judgment bear relation to the planning of the Town.
(4) To exercise the duties and powers as may be now or hereafter conferred by this Code and the applicable laws of the State.
(5) To hear and decide special exceptions in accordance with Chapter 16, Article 19 of this Code.
Each regular member of the Planning Commission and appointed alternate member shall receive $50.00 monthly compensation for his or her services as set by resolution of the Board of Trustees. Any Planning Commission member or alternate member who fails to attend any regular or special meeting of the Planning Commission shall forfeit their compensation for the calendar month that such Planning Commission member or alternate member failed to attend.